Recent collaboration among agricultural scientists and mathematicians is expected to lead practical problems in agriculture and rural areas to scientific solutiuons as well as to pose new problems for mathematicians.
This joint research aims at promoting such a research trend that extends the frontiers of "agro-math sciences".
The workshop is organized to address the following topics:
- Mathematical modelling of agricultural environment, life phenomena, and their control
- Application of mathematical analysis or numerical analysis to solution of practical problems
- Mathematical understanding of empirical knowledge in farming or water management
- Mathematical issues in field and experimental sciences
- Mathematics education in agricultural faculties and graduate schools
|Registration Deadline: ||November 27 (Mon), 2017 |
|Abstract Deadline: ||November 27 (Mon), 2017 |
|Joint Research Workshop: ||January 17 (Wed) – January 19 (Fri), 2018 |
Room 111, Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences (RIMS), Kyoto University
Access to RIMS
- Koichi Unami (Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto Universiy)
- Hisashi Okamoto (Department of Mathematics, Gakushuin University)
- Hidekazu Yoshioka (Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University)